The start of a new year is a great time to get organized. Follow these tips:
1. Determine the main areas you need to organize, and enter them on a list in your daily task list.
2. Break these areas into smaller tasks, and enter those tasks on the list. Make the tasks small enough that they’re manageable but not so small that they’re insignificant.
3. Set a realistic deadline next to each task.
4. As you accomplish each task and organize various areas, remove the task from your list.
5. Avoid the tendency to bounce around your office from one area to another while organizing. When you focus on one area, you’ll be able to accomplish more.
If you are interested in increasing your focus and organzation check out the upcoming workshop FOCUS: Achieving Your Highest Priorities being held on May 22, 2012.